Sunday, November 18, 2007

Once a Bridesmaid

I'm a bridesmaid in my best pal from high school's wedding. I bet you're thinking I'm going to start complaining about the perils of living under a bridezilla's grasp. On the contrary, this soire is the only thing besides Coachella that I'm looking forward to in 2008.

I went in for my first bridesmaid dress fitting while I was in NYC for Thanksgiving. I was so excited to try on dresses and ponder the idea of getting dolled up to support a special celebration.

N, the happy bride, and I had so much fun in high school picking out prom dresses and getting ready for that occasion in our lives. Oddly enough for me, the color of the bridesmaid dress is much like the color of my prom dress except it's a different fabric. N sorted it out with the company so the 6 bridesmaids could choose from 5 dress styles that would suit us best. I went for the 'Lucy' style which is a straightfoward A-line strapless cut. It's forgiving of my ginormous hips which I pray will help me in childbirth.


In any case, I'm ready for the next round of fitting or what have you. Check out the dress: this isn't the color, but it's the cut. Holler at cha gurl!




No comments: