Sunday, March 9, 2008

Coachella, why you do me that way?


Jack. Johnson. Headliner?
Over it. Thank god they added Princey. I hope he wear his purple onesie!

Maybe I'm spoiled from last year's incredible lineup of Bjork, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE(!).

True, this gives me an excuse to save money and invest my airfare and ticket fee to the wedding I'm part of in July. That's not the point. Who is Jack Johnson and why in god's name is he headlining every major summer tour this year from Coachella to Bannaroo? Who are his people?

Even Lollapalooza managed to pull a better lineup this year than Coachella. True, all of the non-headlining bands are just amazing as previous years. Fatboy Slim, Mark Ronson, Hot Chip, Vampire Weekend, M.I.A., and Animal Collective are not chump change by any means. Alls I'm sayin' is if they hadn't added Prince last minute, this year's lineup would have been a sham! A sham!

No comments: