Thursday, October 2, 2008

This One Goes Out To The One I Love

Ha, I gotcha!

I bet you were thinking I was gonna write an epic poem about the Other M.

Oh, but no.

I actually mean good ol' buddy Loch Ness.

Chin up, dear Buddy.

Sometimes I think of you as St. Francis of Assisi. I always thought he was a pretty lovely saint in that he loved all animals and took any under his wing. I say take full custody of El Joven Pantalones. What do you have to lose? Poor lil Pant's owner clearly has forgotten he exists. (insert big frown here)

AND...just in time...

Pet Blessings 2008
Christians everywhere celebrate the feast of St. Francis of Assisi on October 4 by having their pets blessed in the spirit of this patron saint of animals and ecology.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/francis/blessing.asp

Don't think I've gone off the deep end here, folks. I wouldn't consider myself highly religious, but I do value the well-being of any living thing on this earth. Animals are our best pals, and deserve unconditional love no matter how you choose to manifest this devotion.

I know what you're thinking: 'What about that bunny you had who you disparaged at every turn, you two face slimeball!?'

In my defense, I wasn't prepared to take care of a 'special needs' animal. I always felt maybe Pancakes was abused in a former life, and truth be told, I wasn't the one to socialize her. I didn't know how.

I don't know where I'm going with this other than to make note that if the new roomie is abandoning her dog responsibility, that dang Pants is the luckiest Pug on the planet to have Loch Ness be the one to pick up the slack.

{i just pulled that St. Francis bit from a lesson in Mrs. Kilgen's 2nd grade class!}

No comments: