Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gift Giving Made Simple?

Alls of a sudden it's wedding season again.

Though really, it seems everyone's getting engaged and setting dates these days.

I've been fairly busy lately and last Friday I got notice that the month of April will be booked with Bridal Showers. I didn't even realize there was such a thing. What a novice.

I think I get one weekend to myself that has nothing to do with a wedding. That being said, it's a good thing for bridal registries because what do you get someone you've known for 20 years on their special day? It's a lot of pressure I feel.

Lord knows the suggestions on the web don't do much to preserve one's sense of pride and dignity.

I think I'd get laughed out of the shower if I showed up with this suggested item from jcpenny.com:

Or, for a more modern twist on tacky gift items:
Personalized caketoppers! http://www.tybinc.com/cid-47-1/wedding_cake_toppers.html
Just what every couple needs from their nearest and dearest!

Things that make you go hmmmnnnn....


No comments: