Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whatcha Gonna Do with All that Brick?


Here's a blurry photo of our living room and its brick walls. So far we only have one adornment, a 52" flatscreen TV which hasn't been mounted yet.

M has a ton of paintings and artwork from his family and thrift store purchases. Those will easily take up the walls that aren't brick.

What to do with those? I can't imagine picture frames are going to be easy to tack into brick. My friend has this 'bird wall' in which every image is a bird in a different picture frame. I love the idea of pictures in frames as 'wallpaper.' The pic below is from Domino Magazine's website.

http://www.dominomag.com/galleries/objects/accessories/art/family_photos_04

I wouldn't necessarily do this in a bathroom as they have, but still worth investigating. This look is a bit cluttered for my taste, but trimming it down to a few choice images in huge frames would be right up my alley.


No comments: