Monday, June 30, 2008

Espana es el mejor!

photo from: elpais.com

Congratulations to the Spanish national team in their Euro 2008 win yesterday in Vienna against Germany.

V and I and our buddies here in SF went to a bar on Upper Haight to watch the game. I love this team and totally believed they were strong enough to pull it off---for the first time in 44 years!

The winning goal was made by Fernando 'El Nino' Torres. I had my eye on him for a while, and since he's younger, it's made me feel bad. I've since turned to my cutie pie gorilla, Carles Puyol. He's got a sexy back. Me-OW!

As we know, sports and especially, futbol, is more than just some sexy men running around in matching jerseys. If you watched at least one game Spain has played this tournament, you'll immediate notice how very connected this team was. I believed they could go all the way, and I think more importantly, they believed in themselves this time around. The chemistry and mastery of play could not be denied!

Might I say, the best year in sports?! Again, congrats Espana!


No comments: