Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Valencia, Cakes Not Place in Spain



It's been tradition in my family, and many families in the Bronx, to get Valencia cakes to celebrate birthdays and other special occasions. As the days approach the most auspicious of the calendar year for me, May 3, I can't help but crave that sugary, white, soft frosting and yellow spongecake that comes in the iconic white box with the bull fighter on top. I definitely substitute full meals for a slice of that cake during the month of May only to wait a few weeks to get another for Father's Day.

Usually the cake is adorned with gold or silves leaves and blue or pink piping, but they can make anything to order. If you are in the NYC metropolitan area, and want something different, yet urbane to the area, might I suggest Valencia bakery for your next event.


No comments: