Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happiness More or Less



I must start this most special birthday week with a post thanking my darling cohabitant V for taking me to see The Verve. Like I mentioned before, it was ten years in the making. Mr. Ashcroft cut his hair. Hate to be so superficial, but that's the first thing I noticed. Then of course, the incredible vocals and amazing sound caught my attention for the next hour and a half they played.

I found myself singing unabashedly to 'Lucky Man.' Every single line. As if I had a good voice. At the top of my lungs. All of a sudden the song had so much more meaning.
Happiness More or less It's just a change in me Something in my liberty Oh, my, my Happiness Coming and going I watch you look at me Watch my fever growing I know just where I am But how many corners do I have to turn? How many times do I have to learn All the love I have is in my mind? But I'm a lucky man With fire in my hands Happiness Something in my own place I'm stood here naked Smiling, I feel no disgrace With who I am Happiness Coming and going I watch you look at me Watch my fever growing I know just who I am But how many corners do I have to turn? How many times do I have to learn All the love I have is in my mind? I hope you understand I hope you understand Gotta love that'll never die Happiness More or less It's just a change in me Something in my liberty Happiness Coming and going I watch you look at me Watch my fever growing I know Oh, my, my Oh, my, my Oh, my, my Oh, my, my Gotta love that'll never die Gotta love that'll never die No, no I'm a lucky man It's just a change in me Something in my liberty It's just a change in me Something in my liberty It's just a change in me Something in my liberty Oh, my, my Oh, my, my It's just a change in me Something in my liberty Oh, my, my Oh, my, my


Stinson Beach, April 27th, 2008

A wise friend told me recently that this week, when I turn old, I will know everything. I'll be excited to know what I'm supposed to do for work for the rest of my life. I'm excited to know the places I will travel and the people I will meet along the way. I can't wait to know that every decision will be 100% correct for me and no one else.

I'm excited to be your omniscient narrator...

No comments: