Sunday, May 18, 2008

JUANES, Es Por Ti




Friday night, V and I went to see our fave Latin artist, Juanes, at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. We first saw him on his Mi Sangre tour in 2005 at Madison Square Garden in New York. For those of you who don't know, Juanes is from Colombia and is the recipient of 12 (TWELVE!) Latin American Grammys. He's a political motivator and good spirit in the vein of Bono. His music is inspiring and earnest. I'll be shallow for a moment and also mention that I find him incredibly attractive. This was the closest I've been to a singer in a stadium setting. I pretty much screamed throughout the entire show. NV and I sang every song.

I love seeing him in concert because he's so upbeat and really commands the stage. He runs around to every corner and engages the audience at every turn. He also is an expert at pillow talking the ladies in the audience. It's quite incredible. From the pics, you can tell he's having such a good time working it. Here's a pic of his telling us about how lovely women are:

HP Pavilion, May 16, 2008. San Jose, CA.
A Dios Le Pido
No Creo en el Jamas
Mala Gente
Clase de Amor
La Noche
Un Dia Normal
Fotografia
Gotas de Agua Dulce
Bandera de Manos
Bailala
Suenos
Para Tu Amor
Me Enamora
La Paga
La Vida...Es Un Ratico
Minas Piedras
Es Por Ti
La Camisa Negra

ENCORE:
Dificil
Tres
Nada Valgo Sin Tu Amor
? (rats, I didn't know the last song!)

Also, let me just say he has the sweetest lyrics. Lately, I've been listening to Un Dia Normal a lot lately. Mostly for this phrase:
No importa en donde estes yo desde aquí te besaré en mis sueños
Mi sangre arderá por ti hasta que se pierda por tu cuerpo
En un día como hoy caminaré más despacio
En un día como hoy defenderé mi verdad
En un día como hoy te amarraré con mis brazos

No comments: