Wednesday, May 28, 2008

LA

Every time I go to LA, it's like a new place. Different things to see and new neighborhoods to explore. The only thing that stays the same in my other west coast urban family. I have some really solid pals out there that are a mix of people I went to kindergarten, high school, and college with. I'm impressed to see my peeps doing well.

Being in LA always makes me think of the Red Hot Chili Peppers as well. The radio station out there was doing a top 500 Memorial Day countdown and RHCP was all over it. They are the quintessential modern day California band. Anthony has a knack for saying such cute things about the place he grew up.

Blue you sit so pretty west of the 1.
Sparkles light with yellow icing,
just a mirror for the sun.

We hit up some fun bars downtown. My favorite of which was The Edison. It had a 40s inspired theme with bartenders and hostesses dressing the part. It had every detail from the ottomans to the lighting fixtures not to mention a serious Bourbon drink that included ginger ale and peach schnapps, my fave combo lately.

So, here's to LA, a city that reinvents itself for me more times than Madonna.

No comments: