Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Love That Song, Too!

When I lived in SF (which pains me to say, mind you), our neighbor would wake me up at roughly 9:30AM every Sunday with Madonna's Hung Up. Sometimes he'd let the whole Confessions on a Dancefloor album roll through but mostly it was Hung Up--on loop!

I can get down with that album. I owned it. I shook my sassafrass to Hung Up all the time--in 2006. Not sure what place that song and album had on a Sunday morning in 2007.

Anyway, those days are behind me and since the excitement of my return to New York is all but faded, I take comfort in the little things. Yesterday I woke up to our upstairs neighbor playing the new Radiohead album, In Rainbows. I quite love listening to any Radiohead album straight through. When I lived alone, I'd play a setlist from my itunes or seeqpod.com before I went to bed. Radiohead was often included in those mixes so it was a nice return to form on a weekend after a long, long week.

This morning neighbor pal played Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode, another of my favorite songs. After that he played Blur! I don't know you neighbor, but I love you.

Ps, Welcome to the new subscribers to Get Up On This!

No comments: